The main objectives of this stage are:
- Work by projects.
- Promote the skills of learning to learn and teach to think, instruct students allowing them to be creators of their own learning.
- Promote critical thinking and reflection.
- Promote cooperative learning as well as certain values such as respect or tolerance, among others. Promote communication and social skills.
- Encourage the participation of families.
- Enhance personal autonomy and encourage learning strategies to solve problems.
During the Primary stage, we promote cooperative work in small and large groups, as well as improve the confidence of our students and we involve them in their learning process by making them absolute protagonists. Students play an active role in hypothesizing, seeking information and reflecting.
Learning foreign languages
Primary education is a key stage to consolidate the learning of languages and in particular English as well as Spanish. Almost a third of the school schedule in the classroom is taught in English and from 5th grade of Primary, we add a new foreign language: French.
At the end of this stage our students are among the most qualified according to the results of the proficiency tests for this language.
Attention to diversity
Each year we find more diversity in the classroom, which means every year the groups are more heterogeneous. Diversity is understood in our center as a factor of enrichment of personal relationships and learning, both for teachers and students.
From the DOPP we work with the aim of ensuring that all students achieve the same objectives through different ways of learning. As an inclusive school, we pay special attention to the treatment of diversity in the broadest sense of the term regarding the following aspects:
- Learning disorders: Students with educational needs need different resources to be able to compensate these difficulties. To do this, individualized plans (PI) are developed where the necessary modifications are reflected so that the student learns the same contents as the rest of the classmates. From the DOPP we are in close contact with external professionals who are in charge of the diagnosis, so that this IP is as adjusted as possible to their needs. Students with ADHD, dyslexia, dyscalculia, high capacities…must always have the same opportunities as the others.